Making Data Count: Project to develop Data-Level MetricsSharing data is time consuming and researchers need incentives for undertaking the extra work. Metrics for data will provide feedback on data usage, views, and impact that will help encourage researchers to share their data. This project will explore and test the metrics ("data-level metrics") to capture activity surrounding research data.
Partners: California Digital Library, PLOS, DataONE
Project page: mdc.lagotto.io
Data-level metrics prototype: dlm.datacite.org (migrated from dlm.plos.org)
Proposal: PDF on eScholarship
NSF Grant Record: Grant No. 1448821
- Making Data Count publication in Scientific Data (doi:10.1038/sdata.2015.39)
- Making Data Count survey responses (doi:10.5060/d8h59d)
- Make Data Count - Project Progress Update (4/2015)
- Make Data Count - Unit 1 Final Report
- Make Data Count - Unit 1 Data
- DataONE Focus Group, October 2014
- Survey: What matters for data metrics?
- Data Pub blog post announcing funding (10/2014)
- Survey description (10/2014)
- AGU focus group summary (1/2015)
- Survey research published in Scientific Data (8/2015)
Please see our Conferences and Events page for more information on talks and demos for the Make Data Count project.